Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Go Back   Sugarbush.Info > Regional Discussions > United States > Wisconsin

Old December 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 3500

Default 2013 WMSPA Winter Institute and Trade Show

Wisconsin Maple Syrup Producers Association annual Winter Institute and Trade Show,
January 11th and 12th, 2013 in Wausau, WI.
Dr. Tim Perkins will be the main speaker along with other industry professionals leading round table discussions. There will be many manufacturers and distributors represented in the trade show. Visit our website at wismaple.org for our brochure with registration and lodging information.

Hope to see you there for this great educational opportunity

Thanks, WMSPA
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Producer

Default WMSPA Website

Here is the link to the Wisconsin Maple Syrup Producers Association website, http://wismaple.org/ for more information on our Winter Institute and Trade show as well as membership and other Association information.

Thanks, WMSPA
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Producer

Default 2013 Wisconsin Maple Syrup Institute, Jan 11 & 12

Reminder 2013 WMSPS Winter Institute and Trade Show, January 11th and 12th. Don't forget to get your registration forms in by January 3rd, time is running out. This is going to be a great event with lots of manufactures and vendors along with a great education opportunity with industry leaders.
Dr. Tim Perkins, Director of the Proctor Maple Research Center, University of Vermont is our featured speaker.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member
Researcher

Classified Ads: 1
Photos: 2
Thanked 99 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

So who's all going? I'll see ya'll there in the morning!
Jeff
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 210
Thanked 126 Times

I am here right now in the hotel on their wi if. Looks like a great show lined up. Met the good Doctor coming in the door at about 10PM. Seems he was fog bound in Chicago and could not connect to CWA so hitched a ride to Wausau with a fellow traveler. Welcome to Wisconsin.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 420
Photos: 14
Thanked 13 Times
  View my photos  
Default Thank you

Just have to say thank you to Dr. Perkins for come and talking to us. You are one of the only scientist that can make things understandable for the those of us that don't understand scientific 17 letter words. He talked about climate change and how that has affected the length of the season and how it has changed the starting date of the season. Again, thank you for the very informative talks.
wes fab half bank filter press
17 gallon smokey lake bottler and 2x4 heating pan with lid
leased woods
Dad who says he is just labor and a wife who thinks this maple stuff is stupid but likes it in coffee
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 210
Thanked 126 Times

Amen!!
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member
Researcher

Classified Ads: 1
Photos: 2
Thanked 99 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

I would rate it about a 7/10. Dr tim was very good and information. The breakout sessions were pretty lack luster and i probably would have been further ahead to just hang out with the vendors and chit chat. If i knew Smokey Lake was bringing so many pans i woulda wore my sunglasses, that was lotsa awsome shiney stuff;)! I wish there would have been a few more vendors representing but was still nice. Got to see some people that i only see once a year at best and also got to put some faces and screen names together.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmayerl For This Post:
Jim Schumacher (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 325
Thanked 75 Times

My dad and I both attended and had a good time. We met Jim at Smokey Lake, it was very nice talking with him and he does make some pretty stuff. My dad kept hearing from people to be careful or he will get addicted. I think it is already happening as I see that look in his eye that I had last year when just starting to learn. One guy told us in a few years we will all need an exercist to get the maple bug out of us.

2013 - 136 taps 2 X 6 homemade evap., homemade water jacketed canner

2014 - 262 taps on bags and tubing to pails
Homemade hood and preheater
2015 - 335 taps 7 inch short bank filter press, 100 taps on 3/16 and 3 shurflo pumps
2017 Smoky Lake 2 x 6 drop flu pan set, hoods, water jacketed bottler and concentric exhaust system
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob B For This Post:
Jim Schumacher (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Producer

Default WMSPA 2013 Winter Institute

The WMSPA would like to thank everyone who attended our 2013 Winter Institute. We couldn't have done it without all of you and the Vendors that participated and supported us. The turnout was great! We look forward to next year's institute and hope you can all make it and bring a friend. Dr. Perkins did a superb job of sharing valuable information with all of us. It was great to share knowledge and network with everyone!

Thanks again
WMSPA
Attached Thumbnails
2013 WMSPA Winter Institute and Trade Show-100_0435b.jpg   2013 WMSPA Winter Institute and Trade Show-100_0442b.jpg   2013 WMSPA Winter Institute and Trade Show-100_0441b.jpg   2013 WMSPA Winter Institute and Trade Show-100_0440b.jpg  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldMeridianMaples For This Helpful Post:
3rdgen.maple (January 13th, 2013), Jim Schumacher (January 13th, 2013), sticky bob (January 14th, 2013)