Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
  #1  
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
wishlist's Avatar
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Lennon, Michigan
Number of Taps: 900
Join Date: Feb 2012
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 3
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 210 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default Xak's sap hauler

Stopped and kicked the tires ( about broke my foot! ) on this 5 ton 8.3L diesel sap hauler that Xak is eyeing up for sale just down the road. This thing is a beast, huge leaf springs. Should have taken a pic of the rear axle , its mounted verticle with a gear box that connects it to the drive shaft. Probably a name for this style? The bed isn't as big as I would have thought tho.

So Xak thinks this thing will haul some sap but my question is what will Jennifer say if he brings this home and parks it in the driveway? Lol....
Attached Thumbnails
Xak's sap hauler-img_20140826_124718_518.jpg   Xak's sap hauler-img_20140826_124822_007.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Beaver Falls, NY
Number of Taps: 1500
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 500
Thanked 57 Times
 
Default

Wow, I want a Super Sapper too. Bet they are great on fuel, I would have to own my own federal government to afford that.

Sugaring
__________________
4x12 raised flue/custom pans
500 taps, mostly roadside
1400 taps on 3/16
Lots of help from my wife, Pat and
Son, Pete
D&G filterpress
16x32 canner from 3rdgen
600 custom RO
2015 Mahindra 70hp
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Dennis H.'s Avatar
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Elliottsburg, PA
Number of Taps: 222
Join Date: Nov 2011
Journals: 7
Photos: 7
Posts: 664
Thanked 117 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Default

Roads? Where we are going we don't need roads!!

Who cares how big the bed is, just look at that thing, it is awesome. My only problem is that the speedo max's out at 60mph!! Kind of slow don't you think?
__________________
Lapierre Junior 2x5
w/Hood and Pre-heater by Smokey Lake Maple
5" Modified Filter press by Daryl For a Gear pump
2 Membrane Homemade RO
Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:58 PM
wishlist's Avatar
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Lennon, Michigan
Number of Taps: 900
Join Date: Feb 2012
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 3
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 210 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default

I don't know if you could stop that thing over 60 mph Dennis. Pictures really don't do it justice. I'm 6ft tall and I can't see inside the bed without climbing up .

Sure wish we had his wife's email and tell Jennifer he bought a whole fleet of these things . Lol.....
Attached Thumbnails
Xak's sap hauler-1988877_2.jpg  

Last edited by wishlist; August 26th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM
xyz5150's Avatar
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Dealer
 
Location: Durand, Michigan
Number of Taps: 400
Join Date: Oct 2011
Classified Ads: 5
Photos: 48
Posts: 3,567
Thanked 399 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
Stopped and kicked the tires ( about broke my foot! ) on this 5 ton 8.3L diesel sap hauler that Xak is eyeing up for sale just down the road. This thing is a beast, huge leaf springs. Should have taken a pic of the rear axle , its mounted verticle with a gear box that connects it to the drive shaft. Probably a name for this style? The bed isn't as big as I would have thought tho.

So Xak thinks this thing will haul some sap but my question is what will Jennifer say if he brings this home and parks it in the driveway? Lol....
I am trying to keep other bidders from finding this gem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsand View Post
Wow, I want a Super Sapper too. Bet they are great on fuel, I would have to own my own federal government to afford that.

Sugaring
I have watched these trucks sell for years. I have never seen on with over 1k hours/ 50k miles sell for more than 10 k. That's your tax dollars at work sugarsand, I wonder what the build price was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis H. View Post
Roads? Where we are going we don't need roads!!

Who cares how big the bed is, just look at that thing, it is awesome. My only problem is that the speedo max's out at 60mph!! Kind of slow don't you think?
Its hard to find a non 6x6 from this manufacture. I know I would have to clear cut my woods to turn a 6x6 around but a 4x4 gives me more options, and yes its bad *** Dennis!!!!
__________________
Sunrise Metal Shop/DSD/Husqvarna/Jonsered/Heatmor Dealer in Mid Michigan
THOU SHALT NOT STIHL
http://xyzlandscapesupply.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
xyz5150's Avatar
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Dealer
 
Location: Durand, Michigan
Number of Taps: 400
Join Date: Oct 2011
Classified Ads: 5
Photos: 48
Posts: 3,567
Thanked 399 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
I'm 6ft tall and I can't see inside the bed without climbing up .
The truck next to it is a semi ( just to help with proportions).
__________________
Sunrise Metal Shop/DSD/Husqvarna/Jonsered/Heatmor Dealer in Mid Michigan
THOU SHALT NOT STIHL
http://xyzlandscapesupply.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 26th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Dennis H.'s Avatar
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Elliottsburg, PA
Number of Taps: 222
Join Date: Nov 2011
Journals: 7
Photos: 7
Posts: 664
Thanked 117 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Default

Slow down!! with that thing coming fast and large in your rearview mirror you will get out of the way or get run over!
I do like that better than a 6x6, it would be easier to park it in a parking spot at wally-world.
__________________
Lapierre Junior 2x5
w/Hood and Pre-heater by Smokey Lake Maple
5" Modified Filter press by Daryl For a Gear pump
2 Membrane Homemade RO
Hardy's Maple Syrup on Facebook
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis H. For This Post:
wishlist (August 26th, 2014)
  #8  
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:28 PM
3rdgen.maple's Avatar
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Manufacturer
 
Location: Altmar, NY
Number of Taps: 2000
Join Date: Oct 2011
Journals: 9
Photos: 29
Posts: 6,355
Thanked 961 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Default

With all that weight those tires are holding up you better get a bigger tractor to drag it out after it sinks in the mud LOL. We had a local Vietnam Vet who had one and it absolutely sucked in muddy situations. Sure slings some mud around.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 31st, 2014, 09:19 PM
Like Minded Farmer's Avatar
Contributing Member
Producer
 
Location: Waterboro, Maine
Number of Taps: 400
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 706
Thanked 124 Times
 
Default

There has been a few modified 6 x 6s for sale here lately. They take off the rear axle to make it 4 x 4 instead of 6 x 6 and get rid of the dual tires. Shorten the frame and usually put a more useful custom bed on. It makes them better in the soft terrain, and easier to maneuver. Then you have a spare toploader differential in case you brake an axle or something and a bunch of spare tires and wheels.
__________________
Tony


Really great wife
16 x 28 timber frame sugar house
33" x 9' home made 8" raised flue with a brick arch
Wes Fab 7" full stack
Tuthill A20, Bernard double
J D 70, J D 450e, Farmall H, TW2HD, Orange saws
Waterboro chrome, twine and a big hammer
Really great wife
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM
xyz5150's Avatar
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Dealer
 
Location: Durand, Michigan
Number of Taps: 400
Join Date: Oct 2011
Classified Ads: 5
Photos: 48
Posts: 3,567
Thanked 399 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Minded Farmer View Post
There has been a few modified 6 x 6s for sale here lately. They take off the rear axle to make it 4 x 4 instead of 6 x 6 and get rid of the dual tires. Shorten the frame and usually put a more useful custom bed on. It makes them better in the soft terrain, and easier to maneuver. Then you have a spare toploader differential in case you brake an axle or something and a bunch of spare tires and wheels.
Exactly what was done with this rig. The was a 6x6 semi truck that had the rear axle taken off and he actually used an trailer bed for the box. He did a very nice job but he is asking ( 10k ) more than its worth to me. Maybe someday......
__________________
Sunrise Metal Shop/DSD/Husqvarna/Jonsered/Heatmor Dealer in Mid Michigan
THOU SHALT NOT STIHL
http://xyzlandscapesupply.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 

The total tap count of our members is now: 2,753,283

Copyright ©2009~2019 Sugarbush Info