Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old March 19th, 2016, 02:57 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 515
Thanked 0 Times

Default Dominion and Grimm RO problem

I have a Dominion and Grimm 240GPH RO made by Airablo, I believe. I ran a hot rinse through today after a normal rinse. After the high temp safety kicked the pumps off I could not get the pumps started and stay running to do a normal rinse. I changed my pre-filter, bled the air and double checked my permeate was flowing into the pumps, it was and no other air to bleed off. The temp indicated was in the 50's, so it was safe to run again. When I pressed the start button on the priming pump nothing worked and the light in the switch for the pressure pump came on. When I press both of those pump buttons together the pumps come on, but won't stay on. When I start both pumps and hold only the priming pump button down both pumps are still running. My local D&G rep said it was likely a water flow or air pocket problem or a temperature problem. I can rule out temperature and believe everything is well bled. I find it very odd that the priming pump won't turn on separate from the pressure pump and when pressing the priming pump button the pressure pump button lights up. Does anyone out there have any thoughts?
2x6 W.F. Mason Drop Tube AUF
7" Dominion and Grimm short bank filter press
Dominion and Grimm 9 gallon water jacketed bottler
Old March 22nd, 2016, 12:07 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 250
Thanked 16 Times

I feel your pain. I had problems last year with mine that no one could figure out while discussing them on the forums.

Could the high temp. shut off be bad? Sounds like it might be telling the unit to shut off thinking it's warmer than it actually is. Can it be disconnected and/or bypassed?

Do you have a relative, neighbor or friend who's an electrician, or knows one? Someone who works with this electrical stuff might be able to find the trouble pretty quickly.

Good luck with it.

Steve
Homemade arch, hood & pre-heater. Welded Lapierre pans.
Airablo R.O. machine in the basement
Assortment of bulk tanks
Ford F-350 4x4 sap hauler
And strange looks from some neighbors...
Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:57 AM
Dominion & Grimm Dealer
Producer

Number of Taps: 1200
Classified Ads: 1
Thanked 7 Times
  View my ads  
Default D&g ro

call 802-753-7846 ask for kevin
1972 JOHN DEERE 350-B DOZER
3X10 DOMINION & GRIMM CHAMPION EVAPOATOR OIL FIRED
D&G LYNX 300 GPH RO
RETIRED. BEST JOB I EVER HAD.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 515
Thanked 0 Times

Thanks for the replies! I thought the machine was acting like it was "stuck" in a mode with high pressure pump still engaged, instead of resetting itself. Sunday evening I decided to open the electrical box to see if that could hold any switching or resetting clues. I actually found a couple reset buttons inside, pressed them, closed everything back up and it seemed to work. I'm going to try it out today now that sap is running and plumbing outside isn't frozen.
2x6 W.F. Mason Drop Tube AUF
7" Dominion and Grimm short bank filter press
Dominion and Grimm 9 gallon water jacketed bottler