Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old May 3rd, 2015, 08:50 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 220
Thanked 2 Times

Default I have a 250 deer run 1st year . ( storage)

I have a 250 deer run 1st year .
END OF YEAR CLEANING
1. Do a soap wash,
2. Do a acid wash,
3. Do a soap wash
4. Do a rinse.
5. Fill wash tank with clean water. Then add preserue to wash tank. Let recirculate for 5 min. Follow directions on jar. Store R.O. With this preserve in the membranes. Never let membrane dry out. Store in a cool dry place in summer. Do not let freeze in winter. It is best to store membranes in machine.

Then I moved it down the stair into my basement to store where heated. Never again!!! Anyone have a 250 deer run and what are you doing?
Old May 4th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 475
Photos: 1
Thanked 48 Times
  View my photos  

You didn't say what happened, or what the problem was for you. So, what happened, and what was the problem (sorry if there wasn't one! ) ??

And, did you let the Acid wash sit and soak for the recommended length of time before the final soap wash?
good luck, Mark
Poly tanks, cage tank, small trailer, JD2720
Several extra SS pans and propane burners
Single cone filter and tank/Sunrise Metal Shop
14x16 Sugar Shack, Sugars, Blacks, some Silvers
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

How user friendly is this unit? Does it do all these rinses and washes without babysitting? Lastly does the instructions say to do it this way?

Some day you will be able to purchase an RO that you will punch the clean button and go to bed and in the morning you will start concentrating. Its just a matter of time and money. Your RO is like your summer cabin come winter you have that unpleasant task of winterizing it or paying someone to do it. I chose to pay someone to do it just like my membrane.
Old May 4th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Producer

Thanked 2 Times

the problem is carrying down the stairs to the basement to keep from freezing. It is up hill in the spring and I am getting older. Building a ro room off my sugar house but it seams wrong to heat nov. thru feb. wounder what others are doing. the ro
is great and very easy just heavy to move around
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times

I agree on the weight of the dang membrane I stored it in the basement of my nephews and Im lucky he carried it up and down. How about in the garage with heat tape and a water heater blanket wrapped around it. You could do like me and send it in to be cleaned and then let them store it until spring.
Old May 4th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Producer

Thanked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
I agree on the weight of the dang membrane I stored it in the basement of my nephews and Im lucky he carried it up and down. How about in the garage with heat tape and a water heater blanket wrapped around it. You could do like me and send it in to be cleaned and then let them store it until spring.
I moved to whole dang ro not just the dang membranes. Building addition at sugar shack for ro, use ro in the garage this year (1000 ft from shack)
Old May 4th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times

Why I just drain mine. I pull all the plugs and unscrew all the unions that go to the outside. Dang that is a lot of work. I would still just drain everything on the unit and store just the membrane.
Old May 5th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: None
Photos: 2
Thanked 42 Times
  View my photos  

That what we do is drain everything I mean eveything and store the membrane in the house My garage where the ro is located IS not HEATED
Has worked for us for 8 yrs.
Jim