Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 680
Classified Ads: 8
Photos: 4
Thanked 44 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Default H2O Innovation

Hello,

I am in the process of purchasing a new H2O Innovation Concentrator (300gph). I was wondering if anyone else has one of these units and if there are any tips or tricks with this specific model I should be aware of.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Concentrator_Technical_Sheet-new.pdf (595.8 KB, 46 views)
Old October 30th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 900
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 3
Thanked 210 Times

Welcome to SBI schiefe4. Frankemuth ? Didn't know they sugared , I thought all they had was chicken .

I can't help you with the H2O brand but I can tell you your gonna want more taps and less wood!

Did you do a search for info about the H2O ?
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 44 Times

Thanks wishlist!

Haha yea...damn poultry... Sugaring is something my Grandpa Schiefer and his family used to do when he was young and up until my dad was young. Now it's me with the help of my dad and uncles trying to figure it all out again. The game has really changed since my Grandpa's time. Everything is stainless and trying to make everything as automatic and efficient as possible. This year we are working on AUF/AOF in addition to the RO. The guys at Vermont Boiler are helping me look into making a stack heat exchanger to preheat air for the AOF.

But anyways back to the RO. Sarah Orban at Thunder Bay Maple Supply in Posen, MI helped me decide which model would work best for my setup while allowing me some room to expand if I ever pick up more taps. Unfortunately if I wanted to get much bigger I would need to work out something with the neighbors. Also the land is pretty flat around us.

I tried searching the forums here and the other site but couldn't find anything specific to the model I was getting. I'm sure most RO recommendations can relate to any brand/model of similar size, but just looking for someone who is using the H2O Concentrator (300gph).
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Journals: 43
Photos: 75
Thanked 87 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

U look like u are sinking some cash into your hobby!
Sap puller
12x20 grim filter canner.
2017 equipment purchased: short bank Wes fab filter press and spring tech micro elite two post ro!
Plenty of hardwood split! May take 2017 off this year...
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 44 Times

Yea it's all worth it. I enjoy the time with the friends and family. Making it easy enough so it doesn't become a job and stays fun.
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 900
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 3
Thanked 210 Times

Go to Leme schief, I don't know if any reps from H2O will be there but you won't be disappointed.

Did you get the RO from Sarah yet?
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 44 Times

Wishlist,

Sarah is coming down early December to drop it off and put tubing up in our other sugarbush. Between Sarah and her dad, they are a wealth of knowledge and have helped me learn a lot.

Because we are putting up tubing, I need to spend my next few weekends clearing out the wood lot removing dead ash and other potentially damaging trees. Might as well get a head start on splitting it too for future seasons. Also extended the arch another 2' so I need to get putting that back together and finish my insulated front. A lot to do and few weekends between here and the upcoming season to get it all done.

I'll have to pass on LEME this year, but from reading their website it looks pretty cool. I look forward to hearing about it from you guys when you return.
Old January 20th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 44 Times
Default Concentrator Manuals

I received the H2O Concentrator operation and maintenance manual and operation guide yesterday. I thought I would share since they cannot be downloaded from H2O's website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Concentrator Operation Guide.pdf (552.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf Concentrator Operation and Maintenance Manual.pdf (247.1 KB, 45 views)
Old January 22nd, 2015, 06:13 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 1000
Thanked 2 Times

I have the 300 h20 ro. Mine has a stand with legs it sits on. I have had good luck with it had it for 4 years. It's a good machine had to change my digital thermal control panel at the end of last year it was like 80.00 not sure if they still have that on the new models or not. I just have to program it to shut off at the high temp during wash. I had a membrane problem the first season it was passing sugar. But the dealer swapped it out and it has been fine since. I think you will be happy with it. Mine has a fast soap wash cycle does not take long. I put warm water in it to start it off. I recirculate it till I get to 8-10% but I don't squeeze it to hard. It has saved a lot of time.
700 Taps on Vac
All tubing no buckets
Gast 2565 Vacuum pump Kholer powered
7" Filter Press.