Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 984
Photos: 31
Thanked 95 Times
  View my photos  
Default Question for those with Ray's RO

I did the initial rinse on my 375 3 membrane with 300 gal of soft water. Manual said to set flow as high as possible. Should there be water coming out the permeate hose when rinsing? Flow meters said 8gpm condensate and around 2 gpm on the permeate side. I assumed that when you crack the pressure valves all the way open you would only get flow from the condensate side.
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 600
Photos: 3
Thanked 95 Times
  View my photos  

i think condensate and permeate are the same thing, when i do a rinse everything comes thru the permeate side

but i Do Not have Rays R/O
130 on gravity
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 95 Times
  View my photos  

Yeah I meant concentrate
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 95 Times
  View my photos  

Haynes I know you don't have one of Rays ros but do you have an opinion on this?
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

heus I have a CDL and sadly I haven't become ONE with the machine. I feel the same way understanding the sequence of valves pressures and pumps as explaining GRADIANT to my mother in law I follow this thread with great interest because I don't understand Why CDL and it appears Ray cant write a Manuel that explains all of these idiosyncrasies. I'm lucky that I can make a phone call and get all my questions answerd but I still need to grasp it in my mind before I will ever know how to manipulate it.
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:46 AM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Researcher

Number of Taps: 2
Photos: 18
Thanked 332 Times
  View my photos  

Had a fairly good understanding typed up for ya?but was multi tasking and clicked the wrong thing and lost the story. Anyways you will lower your flow rates in the permeate/concentrate by manipulating the wash/concentrating valve. A Lapierre 600 is about 2-4GPM on concentrate and Permeate is ?? 1?~2 Problem is these S!@#Bag instructions the start up RO manufactures are making sounds like there useless..

Maybe these pics will help. 1st one i took about 10 min ago.
1=Hi Psi Valve
2=concentrate
3=Concentrate/Wash
4=Lo Psi valve

Rest of Pics are from trying to help people from years past. Last Pic Which show valve #3 in half way position like as that is where the last wash took place and i pulled out the Hi Psi Vessel and removed membrane.
Attached Thumbnails
Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-panel-instructions-002.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-manual-001.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-cleaning-pages-001.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-cleaning-pages-002.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-mill-ro-007.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin Sargent; April 13th, 2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Researcher

Thanked 332 Times
  View my photos  

Pic shows where #4 is off the Lo Psi Valve. Blue Handle off top of pump in case you cannot figure that out..The higher blue handle valve is off the Hi Psi.

AND for S!@#s and Giggles this is the Electrical consumption on a Lapierre 600=29 AMPS. Flatlander replyed to something on trader and i told him 30Amp as it has never tripped the 30A breaker and another one we use the same 30A.
Attached Thumbnails
Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-plumbing.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-ro-info-001.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin Sargent; February 18th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old February 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Researcher

Thanked 332 Times
  View my photos  

This might help too?
Attached Thumbnails
Question for those with Ray's RO-benchmark-001.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-benchmark-002.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-benchmark-003.jpg   Question for those with Ray's RO-benchmark-004.jpg  
Old February 25th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 1500
Thanked 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by heus View Post
I did the initial rinse on my 375 3 membrane with 300 gal of soft water. Manual said to set flow as high as possible. Should there be water coming out the permeate hose when rinsing? Flow meters said 8gpm condensate and around 2 gpm on the permeate side. I assumed that when you crack the pressure valves all the way open you would only get flow from the condensate side.

I built my own with low energy membranes (the xle-4040s: I'm not sure what Ray ueses in his machines, but I know that membrane manufacturers are always trying to build membranes that use the lowest energy possible) and I found that even with the needle valve all the way open I still had enough pressure in the membranes to get permeate flow. I added a full port bypass valve (in fact, most of my machine is 1/2" but I added a 3/4" bypass loop) to try and eliminate all the resistance and I still get a little trickle out of the permeate side. I think the big issues is that you want as much liquid going "past" the membrane (out the concentrate side) as you can get. If you get a little permeate it shouldn't be a concern as long as you're getting the highest flow you can.
Old March 10th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 600
Thanked 0 Times

Default ez 125 hobby ro

hi i have a deer run maple ez 125 hobby ro i have no idea how to use it
can someone help me
thanks