Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:31 PM
2012 Arcade Champion
Producer

Number of Taps: 10600
Thanked 116 Times

Default RO Room

So I just received my new Reverse Osmosis from H20. This baby is sitting right next to my CDL machine. I will be putting them to the test this season.
Attached Thumbnails
RO Room-gramp-kids-064.jpg  
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

Tapin will you be running them both or transitioning to the H20? Tell us more about it.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM
2012 Arcade Champion
Producer

Thanked 116 Times

I will be running them both to make 10-12% concentrate. Then I will be switching over one of the machines to make 20-22%. If you look on the wall there is a manifold with 3 valves going up and one down. That is for the concentrate, one to go back to the sap tank, 10% tank and 20% tank. I will be keeping both machines. They are both 3 post with one 7.5hp pump.

I am able to get by (barely) with one machine. Its a little stressful but I can do it. But now with 2 I should be able to be in bed every night by 10-11. The other plan is that if one breaks I am still in business.

Also notice the vacuum pump is raised. That had to be done to give me enough space in the room for the 2nd RO. The walls are 1/2 plywood with high gloss white paint.

I can take a chair and sit in that room and just enjoy.
Old February 5th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 3000
Photos: 5
Thanked 18 Times
  View my photos  

I used mainline in my setup to send the concentrate over to the head tank, but I like the neat look of your pvc better. I think you'll like the H20 machine, very user friendly.
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:14 PM
2012 Arcade Champion
Producer

Thanked 116 Times

CDL machine is easy, biggest key is to get the air out of the line. That can be a pain. Do you need better directions? If so what are your issues.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

I used mine for 1 season and by the end of the season I had things figured out................................BUT it seems that when I do the wash cycle I get mixed results because it doesn't seem to fill right. Plus if you read the instructions on the fron they use 2 different terms for the same valve and that's when my ADD-ADHD-ADHTV kicks in and I start talking to myself and then the wife walks out the door and I'm alone........Never mind