Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 2300
Thanked 15 Times

Default Coster ro operation

I bought a used coster ro. It's a 2 membrane 8" machine just wired it up temporary to test run it . So I got the machine running and I can only build 300 psi machine says to operate it at 500 psi according to directions on front. Opened one vessel and and it has a filmtec mark 1
Membrane in it I would guess other membrane is also a mark 1. Is 300 psi ok to operate on this machine with that membrane? Flow rates at 300 psi are 2.5 concentrate 13 permeate both in gpm. Has a pressure switch it seems to operate at 250 psi to keep machine running in auto. Just looking for a little more info on machine bought it from a dealer and he didn't have a lot info on this model. Any help would be appreciated. Anthony
Old January 23rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
Leader Dealer
Dealer

Number of Taps: 4000
Thanked 52 Times

Anthony, we have had a coster for. . . . 24 years now. Your flow rate doesn't sound terrible but it should easily create 500psi+. Have you ruled out a bad gauge? Ours has a gauge right on the piston pump as well as the main gauge on the front. Did you have your permeate valve screwed all the way in when you were at 300 psi? We have had a few repairs but unfortunately never a pressure issue. I believe there's a check valve to help & also the recirculation pump could effect psi. If you don't find it , i don't think it would hurt to run 300 psi only a small reduction is capacity(GPH)
15 frame clear filter press
Busch claw pump
Honda rancher
Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Leader Dealer
Dealer

Number of Taps: 4000
Thanked 52 Times

Let me know how you do. I thought of another possibilty. Email me if you want.
15 frame clear filter press
Busch claw pump
Honda rancher