Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 280
Photos: 1
Thanked 9 Times
  View my photos  
Default Older RO Machine

I need some expert advice on an RO. 3rdgen I already know your answer!
I stumbled across an 1987 RO (Osmonics Inc model 19C75) 3 membrane, which an elderly gentleman is selling. It has not been used in 5 years. It's 100gph.
He is just trying to clear it out of his shack. He did not have a price, because he would prefer just talking it over in person, and I have not been to his place yet.
Please share your thoughts. Any idea on a price, and is it even worth it?.
As mentioned in my other posts, I will have 200 taps this year, and possibly 600 in 2012.
Kioti 30hp sap hauler
2 mastiffs who love squirrels
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Daryl's 5" filter press
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 1100
Classified Ads: 2
Thanked 85 Times
  View my ads  
Default RO

If you can get it for less than a grand, go for it. It may need new membranes but I think that you could resell it and get you money back. recirculate up to 6 - 8% and you will never go back to regular 2% sap again.
Dealers for DSD, Memprotec, Sunrise Metal Shop
& Bosworth Pumps
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

First call would be to the manufacture I have bought other equipment that looked nice and when I called to get info they said NO PARTS AVAILABLE. Now pumps, hoses switches, valves and fittings are easy Membranes are a little more tricky. How has it been stored and have the membranes been cleaned tested and stored properly. I would call the membrane company and ask them what they think of out of service membranes 5 years.
I think if its doable that would be a sweet set up for your size operation. If you get it at the right price and you get it working and upgraded over the next few years then its a unit that can be sold at a good price. Will he be willing to give you time to research the unit . If you can get a peek at the unit get pictures and numbers and get them posted so we can see and help.
Old December 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 280
Photos: 1
Thanked 9 Times
  View my photos  

It has been stored in his RO room, and if it's a decent unit he has a stainless milk tank for storage that I'll buy as well. I haven't seen his RO room so it could be anything.The oldtimer told me he was getting 12%.
I'll do some digging tomorrow to see what I can find, and call the company about parts, and membranes.
Kioti 30hp sap hauler
2 mastiffs who love squirrels