Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 150
Thanked 0 Times

Default RO`s and heat

I read that cold sap and permeate may be hard on RO membrane's .
Why not run sap through a filter and into an On Demand water heater set at, say 100 degrees? Same for permeate used in wash cycle, or where ever you want to use it. I think I read some place you can get a unit for household of four, for around 400 bucks, or in my case free gas, hot water tank?
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Dealer

Photos: 1
Thanked 59 Times
  View my photos  

Heat means increased bacterial and that will foul you membrane. Maple membranes manufactured by Filmtec designed for sap at 40 degrees.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

Plus my CDL 600 shuts down during the wash cycle when the permeate + cleaner reach a certain temperature. I don't believe its worth the hassle.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:01 PM
2013 Top Fund-Raising Donor
Producer

Number of Taps: 2156
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 38
Thanked 592 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

Andy, nice to see you post over here! Hey you should drop a line to some dealers to post in the classifieds.
Anyways lets do a twist on this thread. What would the equation of room size, to r value of insulation, to amount heat needed to keep the room from freezing.
so let's say we have a 8x12 ro room with a r value of 38....then what would you need for heat to keep the room from freezing??? And if you had a 4x12 room with a r21 value would you use less heat to maintain the same temp?? Just trying to get a good discussion started.

24x68 sugar house
2 beautiful little girls
4x8 chicken mansion for wife's 13 chickens
1 wife that's becoming her mother
1 70 year old father that will always critique everything

www.facebook.com/mosersmaple
www.mosersmaple.com
Old September 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Dealer

Photos: 1
Thanked 59 Times
  View my photos  
Default Heat Loss in a given space

Ok I was asked to calculate the heat loss for a given space and I am going to cheat. Because I know a lot of the questions to ask and then I have to locate all the formulas to calculate the loss through exterior vs interior walls and on slab building I did a google search for a heat loss calculator. I located a great tool WarmlyYours | Heat Loss Calculator

This can help you select a proper amount of heat for your RO room. While this tool will not provide you with a real low room temperature it will give a great target range.