Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old April 28th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 150
Thanked 0 Times

Default Bulk syrup

Who buys bulk syrup in ontario , Ottawa area .

Thank you
Old April 29th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 1800
Thanked 0 Times

Cdl in perth takes all my bulk syrup. They only take ss drums that are hot packed. Dropping mine off the 6th may.
Old April 29th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Webmaster
Producer

Number of Taps: 249
Classified Ads: 3
Journals: 7
Photos: 26
Thanked 409 Times
  View my photos   View my ads   Read my journals

gmack... it can be a bit of a tough go for bulk sales in Eastern Ontario unless you are a larger producer. Some of the main brand Canadian equipment dealers will take bulk but usually only from their good customers although on bad years may open it up to others as well. It also depends on how good the season was because if a lot of syrup was made bulk isn't needed. In Eastern Ontario a lot of the smaller bulk sales are done directly between producers later in the year. Someone running short or needs a specific grade etc will buy a barrel or two as needed.

That being said the Eastern Chapter of the Ontario Maple Syrup Producers' Association has been having on going discussions with an interested group with regards to a possible bottling plant. No guarantees it will happen and if it does it will take years but at least the efforts are there.