Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 701
Thanked 110 Times

Default The kid's first rooster

My oldest daughter first rooster.
Attached Thumbnails
The kid's first rooster-img_20161104_085548612_hdr.jpg  
All taps on drop tubes into buckets.
Smoky Lake Filter/Finisher/Filter.
Smoky Lake Crescendo Auto Draw.
Brother-in-law for a partner in crime.
Wife and 4 kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to Radnagel For This Post:
regor0 (November 4th, 2016)
Old November 4th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 1630
Thanked 128 Times

Cool. They are pretty rare around here anymore. Looks like you have a nice rooster rooter too.
a bunch of buckets no tubing yet
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 315
Photos: 93
Thanked 128 Times
  View my photos  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnagel View Post
My oldest daughter first rooster.
nice job! do you guys have wild birds or are they stocked? PA stocks pretty heavy in some areas that provide some decent hunting.

My dad and brother in law got into some birds last Thursday in the rain and I chased them around this week, lots of shooting to be had.
Attached Thumbnails
The kid's first rooster-1027161105%7E2.jpg   The kid's first rooster-1027161106a%7E2.jpg   The kid's first rooster-1102161701c_hdr%7E2.jpg  

Water Jacketed Bottler, Hood, and Finish Pan by 3rdgen.maple
2x4 Hybrid Hobby with Autodrawoff
315 taps on 3/16 gravity and a handful on buckets
5" Filter Press by Daryl
14' x 20' Sugar Shack
Home-built RO
Officially caught the sugar bug

http://www.pottercreeksyrup.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to RHale For This Post:
regor0 (November 4th, 2016)
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed r View Post
Cool. They are pretty rare around here anymore. Looks like you have a nice rooster rooter too.
That's the wife's big baby. He is a big brute at 63 pounds he is over 10 pounds heavier than the average springer spaniel. Koda is 2 1/2 years old and not an ounce of fat. My female Tessa just passed away a week before the season. She was a super great hunter and was grease lightning fast. She did the majority of retrieval work because she got there first Everytime. now the problem I have is Koda needs lots of work in the retrieval process.
Wife and 4 kids.
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 100
Photos: 1
Thanked 145 Times
  View my photos  

Two thumbs up and tell her congrats. I miss the old days of rooster chasing and running dogs. My girls never would try it. I'm glad to see you getting the younger generation out.

Man I used to give the pheasants a hard life. I always had dogs coming and going and pheasant season was my off time so I hunted them like there was no tomorrow. Our populations just kept falling, so I got down to one dog and when he unexpectantly died of West Nile Virus I was left with no young dog coming on and an empty kennel. I decided I could not bury another hunting buddy and when the Mrs and my girls wanted to pony up and buy me a started dog, I told them no. So I am now relegated to going now and then with a friend on his club membership. Our wild birds are pretty thin anymore so we don't hunt them much. Dang it now I'm feeling all dumpy, saddened and nostalgic. How I'd love another day with my favorite old Brittany in a good Pheasant field.

An old timer once told me every man deserves two things in his life: At least one great woman and one great dog......I have had both and consider myself blessed. I would only add one thing, great kids to bless us in our old age. I have that as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckeye Gold For This Helpful Post:
Radnagel (November 4th, 2016), RHale (November 4th, 2016)
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHale View Post
nice job! do you guys have wild birds or are they stocked? PA stocks pretty heavy in some areas that provide some decent hunting.

My dad and brother in law got into some birds last Thursday in the rain and I chased them around this week, lots of shooting to be had.
Yeah these were all dnr pen raised birds hardly any wild birds here anymore. We had two cripples this morning. One Koda chased all over the field. He bumped up another that my daughter shot. When we came back to where he was on the cripple he flushed it again for about 4 feet and then lost it.
Wife and 4 kids.
Old November 4th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gold View Post
Two thumbs up and tell her congrats. I miss the old days of rooster chasing and running dogs. My girls never would try it. I'm glad to see you getting the younger generation out.

Man I used to give the pheasants a hard life. I always had dogs coming and going and pheasant season was my off time so I hunted them like there was no tomorrow. Our populations just kept falling, so I got down to one dog and when he unexpectantly died of West Nile Virus I was left with no young dog coming on and an empty kennel. I decided I could not bury another hunting buddy and when the Mrs and my girls wanted to pony up and buy me a started dog, I told them no. So I am now relegated to going now and then with a friend on his club membership. Our wild birds are pretty thin anymore so we don't hunt them much. Dang it now I'm feeling all dumpy, saddened and nostalgic. How I'd love another day with my favorite old Brittany in a good Pheasant field.

An old timer once told me every man deserves two things in his life: At least one great woman and one great dog......I have had both and consider myself blessed. I would only add one thing, great kids to bless us in our old age. I have that as well.
Sounds like you have lived a full life then. I have had a Brittany once good dogs. I just like flushers better for now. I have had the one great dog so far had her for only 4 years though. So I know what it's like to lose them breaks your heart. There is nothing better than watching a pup get birdy for the first time and retrieving there first rooster.
Wife and 4 kids.