Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Default Kubota snow blowers

I purchased a Kubota BX2370 with the quick hitch mounting system. I have the forks, mower deck ,brush hog, bucket, back scrapper blade and snow plow. Now Im looking at the snow blower. Does anyone have one and how well does it work? How quick can you change it out back to the loader bucket.

I refuse to put one on the back.
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: None
Photos: 2
Thanked 42 Times
  View my photos  

This sounds like a question for Zak?
Jim
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 850
Thanked 175 Times

HFP, I often share your frustration, BUT be careful blowing it back into the street. At least in my area it is even illegal to push it across a street even if you own both sides. You may end up needing far more than $128/hr to pay the fines.
www.cnymaple.com
Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 900
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 3
Thanked 210 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
Well believe it or not we are still digging out from that little snow storm we had last week. The snow was so heavy and wet that people didn't do a very good job shoveling and the commercial guys forgot the lesson of PLOW WITH THE STORM.

I got the call from my HOA to see what I could do with my little tractor because most everyone was swamped. Our operations manager called and said the police called and said we have to clear the sidewalks because kids are walking to school in the streets. Turns out the city plows buried the walks with the snow from the DAMN streets.

I have the Kubota snow plow, bucket and back blade so I got to work clearing the walks. WAIT I started by aggravating myself by thinking I could zip down the 48" walks with my plow and push it off to the side. Well I rolled more sod of the sides than snow of the walks because of the wet underlayment.

Well once I went to the bucket and got a good rhythm going I could clear the deep heavy stuff and then clean it up with the back blade. I was out working Bobcats that couldn't navigate to dump the snow after crapping up a bucket of snow. I'm so impressed with how well the BX2370 worked and ran all day on 8 gallons of diesel.

Now I also want to give credit where credit is due. Parker public works are the biggest bunch of morons. Yes you have nice big shiny trucks with massive snow plows mounted on them but your pea size brains are the problem. Yes I know your job is to plow the streets and yes its fun doing it at 45 MPH with your lights flashing. Yes the nice dry sidewalk is next to the street and yes there is a small 24"x24" windrow of snow and ice on the side of the road on the bike path. OH and I see that both the cars in the street and the people on the sidewalk are getting around marvelously you could even say they are COEXISTING. SO please explain why you came by and blew all the snow and ice chunks onto the sidewalk making it impassable.

Yes I know that I'm getting paid $128.00 per hr. to clear it. Thank you Kubota and yes I did order the snow blower so now I hope to blow it all back onto the street and I will dog you all day long just because I can
Plowing/blowing sidewalks and parking lots compared to public streets is apples and oranges chuckles .
Roadways with traffic , manholes , intersections, curbs, turning lanes , and just plain idiot drivers makes for a long day. I would plow 16-20 hours straight ( cdl rules for hours of use don't apply for public employees ) and be dead tired half way thru . Think I will stick to the retirement gig and plow the driveway with the Kubota ! Had it out this morning, about 8" yesterday .
Old November 24th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Dealer

Number of Taps: 400
Classified Ads: 5
Photos: 48
Thanked 399 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

This farmall v plow is what you need for plowing sidewalks. Much faster and less expensive than a snow blower. Heck you could make so much money you could then buy a bigger RO.

Old November 24th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 2000
Journals: 9
Photos: 29
Thanked 961 Times

I have never owned a snowblower for my tractor. But every darn person around here does and for some unknown reason to me NONE of them use them. Everyone backblades or buckets snow with there tractors here. I have asked several neighbors why they dont use them and all I get is " they suck". Which is why I never bought one. I do have a friend who uses a big one on his farm and said he hates it but its faster. His explanation was you have to run shoes on it and then you cant get right down to clean pavement and if the snow is heavy it floats a lot, (so he has to back blade after he snow blows), take them off and it digs in the pavement. See if you can find one to try out first you may not like it either.
Old November 24th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 2000
Journals: 9
Photos: 29
Thanked 961 Times

Chuck we got bets going on what your gonna wipe out first. I got 10 bucks on a fire hydrant. 2O on a sprinkler system, and 30 on an electrical pole and 100 on you wiping out all 3 at same time
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 800
Thanked 16 Times

Why not just go full redneck and mount a pair of snowblowers to your forks or put a couple/three in your bucket? What's not to like?
Old November 25th, 2015, 06:27 AM
Daryl's 5" filter press
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 1100
Classified Ads: 2
Thanked 85 Times
  View my ads  

Sounds like you are looking for more work in the spring by repairing the sprinkler heads since you are in that business.
Dealers for DSD, Memprotec, Sunrise Metal Shop
& Bosworth Pumps
Old November 25th, 2015, 07:02 AM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Photos: 6
Thanked 24 Times
  View my photos  

I had a b7610 with a 50" blower on the front. Worked great. Problem is the whole setup - subframe, quick connect, and blower ran about $2500. I was able to throw snow about 75' at full throttle.

I added a chute rotator (car window motor) and a chute deflector (linear actuator) hooked to two momentary switches and the battery.

My only issue were the skid shoes. They aren't durable enough for a 1400' gravel driveway. If it's sidewalks and paved driveway it would be great. Don't forget extra shear bolts for the occasional pogo stick left out in the yard by some kid. :)

I moved up to a b3200 with a 55" blower. That thing is a beast! Don't know the model of the blower. The shoes are much more durable and still look like new after one season of heavy snow.

I would say to remove the blower, shaft, and sub frame and then put the bucket on it takes approx 15-20 min. I use a pair of harbor freight pallets with wheels to set the blower on. That way I can roll it out of the way.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to stoweski For This Post:
Haynes Forest Products (November 26th, 2015)