Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:25 AM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Producer

Number of Taps: 530
Journals: 3
Photos: 43
Thanked 41 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Default Ferret or Ranger V Tractor

I have been searching for a Ranger V or Ferret Tractor for years, Arnold MFG company, Pengilly MN built them, they sold out to a company and they changed the name to Otter Tractor. I worked at sports center back in the 70s as a Ski Doo, Honda wrench, and we sold and serviced the Ferret Tractors. The store had a used Ferret Tractor that I would borrow for collecting sap. I have always wanted one of these. I located a few over the years for sale but there were to far away, and the ones that were sold local back in the 70s, the owners will not part with them. So if anyone knows where there is one or knows someone who has one, thats not to far away let me know, I might be interested. Condition doesn't matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferret or Ranger V Tractor-ferret-tractor.jpg  
1 3616 Mahindra Tractor
1 2' x 8' Leader Arch
1 2' x 2' Syrup & 2' X 8' Raised Flue Grimm Lightning Pans
1 Grimm vintage RO mfg date 1492
4 Grand Kids
13 Laying Hens.
7 Roosters.
2 Pits.
4 Cats.
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Dealer

Number of Taps: 400
Classified Ads: 5
Photos: 46
Thanked 394 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMaple View Post
I have been searching for a Ranger V or Ferret Tractor for years, Arnold MFG company, Pengilly MN built them, they sold out to a company and they changed the name to Otter Tractor. I worked at sports center back in the 70s as a Ski Doo, Honda wrench, and we sold and serviced the Ferret Tractors. The store had a used Ferret Tractor that I would borrow for collecting sap. I have always wanted one of these. I located a few over the years for sale but there were to far away, and the ones that were sold local back in the 70s, the owners will not part with them. So if anyone knows where there is one or knows someone who has one, thats not to far away let me know, I might be interested. Condition doesn't matter.
Cool rig, I have never seen one before. When I first bought my pug I learned a lot about it from 6x6 world. 6x6 World - Ranger V Tracked ATV If anyone knows where to find what your looking for its these guys TL. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Dealer

Thanked 394 Times

More info...... http://www.leg.mn/archive/LegDB/Arti...noldPowerV.pdf
Old November 3rd, 2018, 12:35 PM
Consumer

Thanked 0 Times

Default Arnold Ferret Tractor/ Ranger V

I have one of these, it's probably mid 70's ish, but is excellent running condition (could use some fresh paint, as it is a bit faded) I may be willing to part with it. I am not too far from you (relatively speaking). Kohler motor around 20hp. I have a bunch of papers, manuals, information, and the serial number, if you wanted all the details. Message me if you are still looking.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 850
Thanked 167 Times

Have you tried Hudon's snowmobile salvage in Barneveld, NY. If there are any around, they might have it. Besides snowmobiles they get in lots of things that will work in snow.
www.cnymaple.com
Old November 5th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Consumer

Thanked 0 Times

Default Arnold Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
I have one of these, it's probably mid 70's ish, but is excellent running condition (could use some fresh paint, as it is a bit faded) I may be willing to part with it. I am not too far from you (relatively speaking). Kohler motor around 20hp. I have a bunch of papers, manuals, information, and the serial number, if you wanted all the details. Message me if you are still looking.
Here are some pictures of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferret or Ranger V Tractor-20181105_084632.jpg   Ferret or Ranger V Tractor-20181105_084707.jpg   Ferret or Ranger V Tractor-20181105_084618.jpg  
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Dealer

Thanked 394 Times

Quote:
There you go TL! I'd let Santa know about this if I were you!
Old November 6th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Consumer

Thanked 0 Times

Default Arnold Ferret Tractor

Quote:
Here are some pictures of mine.
I posted a bunch of info including old documents, parts lists, drawing, bearing cross over info, etc. on My Tractor Forum dot com, if anyone has one of these and would more info for it. Also please post any info or documents you may have online as well so all other owners can have access, thanks.