Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old April 30th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Webmaster
Producer

Number of Taps: 249
Classified Ads: 3
Journals: 7
Photos: 26
Thanked 409 Times
  View my photos   View my ads   Read my journals
Default So what's your user name mean?

We're coming out of maple season now and it's time to discuss challenges we had last season and plan for new ideas next year. Now that we have about ten months to plan with I'm really curious about a bunch of regular usernames I see online. What the heck do they mean? I can understand the Dans, Daryl's, and Jim's, along with all the maple business names but there are a bunch that make no sense without knowing the sorry behind them. I won't call any particular member I'm curious about out but will ask for explanations from folks willing to share.

Bryan Ex is a shortened version of my real name. In 1995 when I signed up for my first ever email account I hit enter before I finished typing my last name and I couldn't edit it afterward. The user name has stuck with me ever since.
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:28 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 842 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

Now you have a Freudian slip in this thread
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 984
Photos: 31
Thanked 95 Times
  View my photos  

Mine means absolutely nothing.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Photos: 6
Thanked 24 Times
  View my photos  

Don't know how I chose mine.

Anyone from northern Vt know where it came from?
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Photos: 1
Thanked 16 Times
  View my photos  

My mom picked mine, when I was born.
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:07 AM
2013 Arcade Champion
Producer

Number of Taps: 1000
Classified Ads: 1
Thanked 23 Times
Space Invaders Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion, Yeti 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yeti 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion, Archery Champion, Yeti 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, Yeti 8 - Jungle Swing Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, Crash Down Champion   View my ads  

Ours is a combination of last names. My last name starts with Sad and the old timer that helps me his last name starts with Sam and we just added the s to make it sadsams.
2012 250 vac. some bags
2013 315 vac. 20 bags
2015 230 vac. 50 gravity/25 bags
2016 450 all on vacuum
2018 1000 taps or better
CDL management system. New for 2018
Custom Smoky Lake pans 6' drop flue
Smoky Lake arch
Deer Run Maple RO 125 hobby. New for 2014
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 200
Thanked 44 Times

I live on the north shore of Riley Lake in Minnesota and make syrup on a couple of acres of an old church camp with three friends who live around the lake.
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 60
Thanked 9 Times

I make custom cakes, and when I got into making syrup, wanted a name that reflected both interests...and wanted an interesting name. I picture a cake of maple sugar (as in a cake of soap, not a frosted confection) when I think of my user name...

But maple cake with bacon, frosted in cream cheese frosting, is pretty terrific!

Dad boiled when I was a kid; I helped haul wood & sap, taste test from the sides of the pan before he washed it.

2011: 6 taps and a full size hotel pan on a turkey fryer base; got 3 gallons + 7 pints.

2012: 80 taps, with 105,000 & 210,000 BTU propane burners and 2 double size hotel pans. ~25 gallons made

2013: 54 taps so far. Another burner to pre-heat & cut down on boiling time. I like sleep.

I do custom cakes: www.bethscakes.bravehost.com
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 2200
Thanked 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan ex View Post
we're coming out of maple season now and it's time to discuss challenges we had last season and plan for new ideas next year. Now that we have about ten months to plan with i'm really curious about a bunch of regular usernames i see online. What the heck do they mean? I can understand the dans, daryl's, and jim's, along with all the maple business names but there are a bunch that make no sense without knowing the sorry behind them. I won't call any particular member i'm curious about out but will ask for explanations from folks willing to share.

Bryan ex is a shortened version of my real name. In 1995 when i signed up for my first ever email account i hit enter before i finished typing my last name and i couldn't edit it afterward. The user name has stuck with me ever since.
mine is just what i says,maplesugarman was to long,so shortended it to sugarman-sweet
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarman3 For This Post:
jazzman (August 24th, 2013)
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 775
Photos: 50
Thanked 4 Times
  View my photos  

Mine is from an old book series. I use the screen name for everything. Now lets have some fun who can name the book series. A little hint is the first book came out in 1969 but this screen name didn't come into the series until the 5th book.