Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old March 12th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 100
Photos: 1
Thanked 145 Times
  View my photos  
Default My first Maple sugar thanks

I took some of my last syrup that just din't match the flavor of my season's syrup and decided to make granulated sugar. My first stop was to search Maple forums on how to. It turned out great and I only ended up with about a half cup of course out of almost 5 pounds of sugar.

A big thank you to all who have posted advice and "how too" threads and videos. People like Jake Moser who share their knowledge, there are many others, but I used Jake's video as a guide.

Remember, when we're all bickering about some topic, just how great both Maple forums are! I would have never tried this without learning how to here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckeye Gold For This Helpful Post:
Bryan Ex (April 22nd, 2019), Moser's Maple (March 12th, 2019)
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:33 AM
Webmaster
Producer

Number of Taps: 249
Classified Ads: 3
Journals: 7
Photos: 26
Thanked 409 Times
  View my photos   View my ads   Read my journals

I am a small producer so the following statement sounds way more impressive than it actually is. Over half my maple syrup is made into sugar each year. I just love the product, it's easier to get into new markets where there already may be another producer involved, it's fully shelf stable and easy to store, and the margins are way better. For smaller producers like me it's also one of the easier confections to make without special (expensive!) machinery. Glad to hear it all worked out for you. It's been years since we've had cane sugar in our house.