Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events

Old
Calendar Girls For ALS
by Maple Queen September 20th, 2015

Over the past year, I've brought together a large number of volunteers to create a really unique, limited edition, 2016 calendar featuring women making maple syrup and maple equipment au naturel. I am selling the calendar to raise money for Compassionate Care ALS in honor of sugar maker Eric Johnson who was diagnosed with ALS (aka Lou Gehrigs Disease) in 2012. Compassionate Care ALS is a phenomenal organization and Eric Johnson has experienced their kindness first hand. I know every penny raised will do a world of good. I support them with my whole heart.

Neither Smoky Lake Maple Products nor any of its sponsors or volunteers are profiting from this project. 100% of the profit goes to the charity. It's all about coming together and making a positive difference in the lives of those people who are affected by ALS. This calendar has been the most rewarding project I've ever worked on; everything from collaborating with the other designers to experiencing the camaraderie from throughout the maple industry for this great cause.

The photography series we created for the calendar has been described as free-spirited, tasteful, artistic and fun. You definitely won't find any other maple calendars like this anywhere else. They will make excellent Christmas gifts!

Thanks to everyone who has already offered so much positivity and support. Please help spread the word about this fundraiser and let's make this a huge success for Compassionate Care ALS! Purchase a calendar today at CalendarGirlsForALS.com. $25 with free shipping.

Sincerely,
Angela K M Schumacher
angela@smokylakemaple.com

---
Other notes about the project:

The series is being showcased at The Flying Pig Art Gallery in Algoma, Wisconsin from October through December. If you are in the area, please join us for the gallery's opening reception on October 18 from 12 - 3pm. We will even be featuring a few extra compositions from the series that didn't make it into the calendar. There will also be a farmer's market going on too that day. So there's sure to be a lot to do and see.

I'd like to express my gratitude for Roth Sugar Bush of Cadott, Wisconsin and Wendel's Maple & More of East Concord, New York. These dealers have embraced the spirit of this project and will be selling the calendar in their storefronts and at trade shows. We also thank Morning Ag Clips, Farming Magazine, The Maple News and various arts publications for helping us advertise this fundraiser in their publications. To see the long list of folks involved with this project (we are adding to it all the time), please visit the credits page on our website
Attached Thumbnails
Calendar Girls For ALS-calendargirlsals-lauren.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BackCover.pdf (1.32 MB, 64 views)
Views 3245 Comments 13
Total Comments 13

Comments

Old September 20th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Thanks Angela for the link to order one. I have one ordered and it will look good on the Refrigerator.
Old September 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Maple Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
Thanks Angela for the link to order one. I have one ordered and it will look good on the Refrigerator.
Thank you, Chuck! You put a big smile on my face when I saw your order come in.
Old September 20th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times
All I can say is I donate to this site on a regular basis. I also support other worthy causes. I bet Derrick can agree that its not easy putting together a calendar of trees, buildings and tractors with tanks on the back. I wonder what would happen if ADK had to hold the shinny umbrella behind the camera person. I can only imagine what it took to get all the ladies to sign on to do the photo shoot with the understanding that they would be catering to a bunch of people that drill holes in trees to make maple syrup.

I hope we all will toss a few bucks his way.
Old September 21st, 2015, 07:39 AM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Producer

Number of Taps: 700
Classified Ads: 4
Photos: 44
Thanked 98 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
Hey Chuck do you have enough ex's yet to make a calendar?
Old September 21st, 2015, 10:09 AM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times
1/4 of the way there Baby 1/4 of the way. My forth wife hasn't been born yet.
Old September 21st, 2015, 04:16 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Journals: 43
Photos: 75
Thanked 87 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynes Forest Products View Post
All I can say is I donate to this site on a regular basis. I also support other worthy causes. I bet Derrick can agree that its not easy putting together a calendar of trees, buildings and tractors with tanks on the back. I wonder what would happen if ADK had to hold the shinny umbrella behind the camera person. I can only imagine what it took to get all the ladies to sign on to do the photo shoot with the understanding that they would be catering to a bunch of people that drill holes in trees to make maple syrup.

I hope we all will toss a few bucks his way.
if that job was offered I wouldnt have hesitated!
Old October 2nd, 2015, 08:20 PM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times
Got my calendar today and its well made and well done. will go well on the sap shack wall. I believe my 11 and 15 year olds are showing a greater intrest in making syrup this year. I believe the girls should go on tour.

I would also like to know how Jessie/inthewoods got his wife to pose in the bottling room. No wonder why she never comes out of the house when my truck pulls into the driveway.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 06:51 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 800
Thanked 12 Times

Alright, How come the question has not been raised yet?

Are any of these ladies single?
Old October 3rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Banned
Producer

Thanked 843 Times
OH ITS BEEN ASKED in every members mind

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search