Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events

Old
Thanked 960 Times
Leme 2015
by 3rdgen.maple July 19th, 2015

Save the date! Summer is flying by us, mark your calendar. If you have missed this Expo in the past be sure to check it out this year!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lake Erie Maple Expo 15 SD.pdf (287.1 KB, 109 views)
Views 2406 Comments 14
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3rdgen.maple For This Helpful Post:
Daryl (July 20th, 2015), DizzyDave2 (October 10th, 2015), DrTimPerkins (August 4th, 2015), jimsudz (September 4th, 2015), sweeter creations (August 5th, 2015)
Total Comments 14

Comments

Old July 20th, 2015, 04:46 PM
2013 Top Fund-Raising Donor
Producer

Number of Taps: 2156
Classified Ads: 2
Photos: 38
Thanked 591 Times
  View my photos   View my ads  
when will the list of activities be posted?
Old July 20th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Sugarbush.Info Administrator
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 2000
Journals: 9
Photos: 29
Thanked 960 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moser's Maple View Post
when will the list of activities be posted?
The LEME commitee is finalizing the list, stay tuned.
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Producer

Thanked 34 Times

LEME

Is there an application form to fill out for attendance? where do you send payment ? ETC ?
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Manufacturer

Thanked 960 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeter creations View Post
Is there an application form to fill out for attendance? where do you send payment ? ETC ?
You can visit this website Northwest Pennsylvania Maple Association for pre-registration. The 2015 schedule and pre-registration form is being finalized. I will or one of the committee members will link the forms when they are available. However you can go to that link and take a peek at last years info to get an idea on all that is happening at LEME.
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Producer

Thanked 34 Times

LEME

The reason for my last question is when you click on the pamaple link it down loads a 2014 application form . Not sure if the price is the same as last year , do I mail it to Daryl etc?
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Manufacturer

Thanked 960 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeter creations View Post
The reason for my last question is when you click on the pamaple link it down loads a 2014 application form . Not sure if the price is the same as last year , do I mail it to Daryl etc?
The prices are on the link in the first post of this thread. We have till Oct 15 to pre-register. As soon as the 2015 form is up we will link it to the site so we can fill in the application and mail it in. Daryl or another committee member will have to chime in if you can do it sooner than its posted on the website. Hope this helps answer your question. See you there!
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdgen.maple For This Post:
sweeter creations (August 5th, 2015)
Old August 6th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Daryl's 5" filter press
Manufacturer

Number of Taps: 1100
Classified Ads: 2
Thanked 85 Times
  View my ads  
LEME

The forms should be ready within a week or two both for registration and also vendor forms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daryl For This Helpful Post:
3rdgen.maple (August 6th, 2015), sweeter creations (August 6th, 2015)
Old August 11th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Manufacturer

Thanked 960 Times
Update

NEWS RELEASE: 2015 Lake Erie Maple Expo

Plans for the 4th Annual Lake Erie Maple Expo are Underway

Daryl Sheets planning committee chairman says that the intention of the Committee is to raise the bar even higher than last year. One of the things that make the LEME unique is the ability to hold workshops on Friday to target specific educational topics in maple production. This year producers will have 6 workshops and a companion tour to choose from. Along with Maple Tubing Installation, Vacuum Tubing System Management, Making Value Added Maple Products and a Maple Workshop for Beginners, a workshop on Maple Grading and a Boiling 101 workshop have been added. The companion tour, open to anyone, will be at Jan Wood’s Hurry Hill Maple Syrup Museum. On Friday evening November 6th, the Trade Show will open at 5:00 pm and will run all day Saturday, November 7th opening at 8:00 Am. The trade show will feature just about every major maple equipment manufacturer from across the USA and Canada. I have even heard rumors of a live boiling demonstration.

The Saturday program is loaded with topics that are sure to be of interest to everyone. There will be a full complement of speakers on Saturday that will include Dr. Tim Perkins, Stephen Childs, and Dr. Michael Farrell along with a host of maple Industry leaders and local producers. Included in the seminar agenda are 8 seminars on Making Value Added Maple Products, technical sessions on Boiling, Tubing Research, Vacuum, and Marketing. There will also be a session for the hobby maple producer. If you have a question about, or are interested in a specific Maple syrup topic there probably will be a seminar covering that topic. Seminars will start at 9:00 am on Saturday. A full agenda of the Saturday program will be published in early September. All of this will take place in Albion Pennsylvania at the Northwestern High School. This has to be one of the most ambitious maple educational programs being put on in North America. You do not want to miss this one, so mark your calendars for November 6th and 7th and join the fun at this year’s LEME. Registration information will be available after September 1st at Northwest Pennsylvania Maple Association.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdgen.maple For This Helpful Post:
DizzyDave2 (August 11th, 2015), RHale (August 11th, 2015), sugarmaker94 (August 11th, 2015)
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Manufacturer

Thanked 960 Times
Registrations are now available at Northwest Pennsylvania Maple Association or
http://pamaple.org/files/LEME%20Registration.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdgen.maple For This Helpful Post:
DrTimPerkins (September 4th, 2015), jimsudz (September 3rd, 2015)

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

The total tap count of our members is now: 2,715,587

Copyright ©2009~2018 Sugarbush Info