Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old December 16th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 525
Thanked 5 Times

Default Website

Hello, I am looking at starting a website and looking at Go Daddy for hosting and website building. It seems to be expensive. Those of you who have websites can you please explain the costs per year to keep it running, who you used, do you sell off your site. It looks like I have to pay one fee for the website and another for the store portion and it also looks like the cost go up substantially after the first year. Any input would be appreciated.
Bernard Double mechanical releaser
Branson 3510 Tractor
No Money
Old December 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM
2013 Calendar Contest Winner
Producer

Number of Taps: 300
Photos: 6
Thanked 24 Times
  View my photos  

I use green geeks. Price went up after the 2nd year but only $20. I think I had a coupon so got something off of it for the first two years. Goes for $170 for 2 years.

The store can be added through PayPal or other shopping cart app. I don't yet have one but plan on adding it soon. Currently people contact me through email and I have them either call with their credit card info or pay via invoice through PayPal. An extra step - which may drive some customers away - but not a big hassle for me right now.

I can say the site has paid for itself. Hop on facebook and start posting there too.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 525
Thanked 5 Times

Been using Facebook with good success but I want to have a website and I am looking for a cheap host that also allows for a store.
Bernard Double mechanical releaser
Branson 3510 Tractor
No Money
Old January 7th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Producer

Number of Taps: 500
Photos: 4
  View my photos  

I been using netfirms.com for my company for years .People email me as well we entry the cards over the phone