Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old April 14th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 116 Times

Default Another use for the auto drawoff

I was out in the sugar shack trying to thaw out the water pipes I forgot to drain last night, when I turned the draw off on to see what the temp was in the pans. 29.2, so I got my little heater out, set it as low as it would go and left. I went out a couple hours later and the temp was 54. So I unplugged the draw off valve and plugged in the heater. Then I changed the setting on the pid to heat and temp to 35. ............... I'm thinking of getting all Haynes and building one to drain my water pipes.....future YouTube video to come.
Should've mentioned it has a 40 amp ssr in it so no worries about current problems.

Last edited by regor0; April 15th, 2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

regorO Missed this thread and I like your way of thinking. My new 3rdgen reheater will have a port for a PID temp probe. I want to have a simple large display and buzzer so I can multi task. I think its a great way to protect the pans. Now my question is if the temp probe is in the pan at the point of most concentration almost syrup could you be protecting the area that is out of harms way. I keep a bottle of finished syrup in my freezer for putting on ice cream...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and it doesn't freeze solid. I would think the flue pan float box is the place of greatest danger of freezing
Old September 14th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Thanked 116 Times

I had a probe in each pan, they both stay the same temp. I keep it right at 32 degrees. Has never froze.