Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 200
Photos: 48
Thanked 12 Times
  View my photos  
Default Moisture Trap

I am working on my moisture trap . The first picture hashttp://www.sugarbush.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/347 some of the parts of it .The second picture is with the vacuum pump .Message - Sugarbush.Info Photo Gallery The intake on the pump is 3/4" going into 1 1/2" pvc . I'm wondering if I should connect the pump to the trap with a piece of flexible pvc to cut down on vibration . The black wires are a high limit switch that shuts the motor off and opens a skinner valve to release the vacuum and also starts a timer for the motor to be off while the flapper valve is dumping .If it all works right ,the motor will restart after the timer turns on .
Are the 2 -90 degree bends ok in the intake side of the moisture trap, or does the line need to flow more gently ?
The blue box is where the electric parts go .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by xyz5150; December 17th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 200
Photos: 48
Thanked 12 Times
  View my photos  

I can't figure the picture thing out . Maybe the powers within can fix it .
Old December 18th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Banned
Producer

Journals: 1
Photos: 6
Thanked 843 Times
  View my photos   Read my journals

Tom looking at the inlet sanitary fitting you should point the T in the down position so the moisture will splatter down if it comes in. The incoming air will have moisture in it from the sap so if it blows down it will help to coalesce it in the chamber. If you get a slug of liquid into the trap you want it to shoot down to the bottom not up into the pump.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haynes Forest Products For This Post:
Tom-saw (December 18th, 2013)