Classified Ads Photo Gallery Message Boards Sugarbush Directory Sugarmaker Journals Live Chat News & Events
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Contributing Member
Producer

Number of Taps: 800
Thanked 2 Times

Default labeling and bottling

I am in Pa. I am currently getting licensed to be able to sell syrup. I am wanting to order labels for my containers. I have checked a couple local places and they just have name, address and phone number and some have a website. Is that all that is required? Also on the grade of syrup, can you sell it with out a grade sticker on it. I am thinking of just selling it as Pa locally made maple syrup, no grade. Is this possible or not. I have a local cub scout group that wants too work with me to use my syrup as a fund raiser. I currently sell 2/3 of my syrup as bulk and just bottle the rest for gifts..... and a little donations. Trying to up my game in the retail market. I also have had our local FFA teacher contact me about fundraisers and tours of my operation. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2018 bought 250 gal. RO.
Tapping 200 taps at neighbors all on buckets and gravity
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Producer

Number of Taps: 100+
Photos: 4
Thanked 5 Times
  View my photos  

Google (pa dept of agriculture maple syrup) and you will find the link you need to answer your questions.
Sugar Shack in future
Homebrewer, Drag Race Fan
http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/ZMANSYRUP/